Firm. Almost everywhere I look I see magazines, books, TV commercials in bright colors and I see the words “Firm” “Fit” “Shape” on and on it goes. Right? It’s the time of year where young women are wondering what bathing suite to buy for this season. Which one will flatter their body best. I admit I am one of them.
Since being “Firm” is such a big deal right now I thought I’d give you ladies 10 Steps to getting a Firm Body Image for Life:
1. Focus firmly on being healthy and you’ll soon also feel better about how you look!
2. Be firm in your thoughts. Don’t let the negative thoughts stick around.
3. Think on what is pure, lovely, right and praiseworthy about yourself and others. Stay firm in this area!
Philippians 4:8 KJV
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
4. Set realistic health and beauty goals within a time frame and budget you that won’t break the bank!
5. Ask God to help you see yourself as He sees you. Read your Bible look for hidden treasures written on this topic!
I Samuel 16:7 NIV
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
6. Look at what you’re watching all the time. Is it causing you to be compare yourself too much to what you see?
7. Listen to what you are hearing; has someone in your life picked on your bodily imperfections constantly. Kindly let them
about it and if they don’t stop, find someone else to be friends with!
8. Life is short. Embrace the imperfections you can’t change.
9. Buy clothes that fit properly or have them altered. Seriously. The right cut and fit of clothes can make or break your
body image at times. What makes you look good?
10. Speak and build up your body image in private and it will change how you carry yourself in public.
What body image area’s do you need to firm up?