Here are some scriptures on this topic:
1.Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Bible (NLT)
2. Proverbs 15:13 A happy heart makes the face cheerful but heartache crushes the spirit.
3. Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety weighs down the heart but a kind word cheers it up! (NIV)
Here is some science about how what is happening on the inside affects our health:
1. Our moods and emotions can help us prevent diseases such as heart disease!
2. Expressing gratefulness can help foster happiness in you life!
1. Are you happy and at peace overall in your life or do you think there is room to grow in this area? For me I always feel there is room to grow. Happiness is often a decision and life can be so hard for so long it can seem impossible to be truly happy. That is where God comes in, when you ask Him to be your Lord and Best Friend He lightens the burdens in life. He brings us comfort and works things out for our good.
2. Choosing to be happy doesn’t mean it’s good to shove down pain and hope it never see’s the light of day! It’s going to come out one way or another so take any painful heartache to God daily until you feel a release in this area. God will show you creative ways to process any pain on the inside so you can be happy once again, even if it takes some time. Just stick with God He will never let you down… EVER!
3. Our happiness greatly affects those around us. So when we are unhappy not only does it affect our health negatively it affects our friends, family and every other person we come into contact with. I’ll be the first to admit sometimes life is so challenging it can feel as though we are trying to climb a mountain everyday just to survive. But the smallest things in life make me happy so if I am not in a major survival situation I am typically a happy person. I am so grateful to have the strength to take my daughter to the park, clean, cook, practice music, record podcasts, write, sing etc… God gives me the strength to get it all done. But even on the days where I couldn’t do anything but survive… I did my best to live in each moment and find a spark of joy to carry me through. God always sends that spark just when you need it.
Have a great Thanks Giving!
Are you happy on the inside?