Living Higher with God’s Thoughts and Ways
It’s easy to get stuck on the runway of life and not really go anywhere. We can live higher and higher by soaring with God and learning to think more the way He thinks. Nothing is impossible for God. Every thought is taking us somewhere… agreeing with God and learning to think on His words causes us to take off and soar higher and higher in our purpose! Bringing our thinking up to where God wants us to through His word allows us to go to places and do things we’ve only dreamed of until we brought our thoughts to line up with God’s ways!
It was beyond having a dumb blonde moment… I really needed to find my leave in conditioner but I didn’t find it until I turned on the light! I prayed but it wasn’t answered until the LIGHT was on. God wants to put His light on things in our life that He wants us to see. It can be good things, painful things, relationships, so many areas but letting God’s light shine on our hearts helps close the door to the enemy in our lives in so many ways.
How is God shining His light into your heart and life today?
Have you ever showed up for something a day early? I did last week and then I was thinking… I can’t believe my husband had to drive me around for no reason, the new director I just met must think I’m not professional… and God just jumped right into my thoughts and said “Everyone here makes mistakes, you made a mistake, it’s Ok!” Then He told me “Don’t pick it up, the weight and guilt the enemy wants you to feel because you made a mistake.” I humbled myself and asked God to give me favor… and He did. II Corinthians 10:5
What thoughts are trying to come in and weigh you down?
Over the years I’ve been asked to teach people how to get more in touch with God and hearing music. Here I teach you how God gives me songs so you can try it out to sing a new song to God for yourself. It’s a great way to brighten your day and give God praise. It’s also a wonderful outlet for you to try out. Think of being able to sing a new song to God of worship or a prayer about what you’re going through… trust me, it is really uplifting. As you sing to God His presence shows up and makes life become more alive!
Did you try to ask God for your own worship song to sing to Him yet?
Faith in God helps ground us and keeps us from being tossed around like were in a constant hurricane. Also, without faith we really can’t please God or receive His love fully. If we can’t receive His love, how will we really love those around us. Sometimes I have really needed faith to believe what Jesus did on the cross was more than enough to cover my sins. It was easier to agree with the enemy and feel unworthy of God’s love. God came along and did a deep work inside of me and help me to receive His love fully. For too long I felt unworthy of God’s love and mercy. I felt unworthy and somehow maybe I could please God if I worked hard enough for Him. But God’s love isn’t earned by works, He loves us right where we are. Jesus paid it all on the cross and if we ask God for more faith He will give it to us because He wants us to be free. He wants us to love Him, Love ourselves and love others… and without faith we simply can’t do this.
1. What is faith? Ephesians 11:1- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
2. Why do we need it? Hebrews 11:6- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
James 1:6- But when you ask you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like the wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
3. How does God increase our faith? God increases our faith as we hear His word and through a gift of faith given by the Holy Spirit. So if your faith is low in an area ask the Holy Spirit to give you a gift of faith and to increase your faith so you can believe God and fully receive all He wants to give you.
Read 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
Do you need the Holy Spirit to increase your faith today?
Do you ever feel like you have so much God wants you to do but it seems impossible? It seems like the mountain you are climbing gets larger by the minute. Today, we talk about how to overcome the obstacles the enemy puts in your path. I’ve had every obstacle you can imagine come at me: logistical, medical, financial, housing, abuse and more. Each time though God has been with me to help me overcome all the pain and hardship to fulfill His purpose for my life… and He will help you too!
1. God has a unique purpose and plan for your life. The enemy also has a purpose and plan for your life.
2. God’s purpose includes: God’s purpose includes giving you life to the full, loving you, and helping you love others.
3. Satan’s plan is to come along and steal, kill and destroy God’s purpose and plans for your life.
Ex. I wanted to remain a virgin until I was married and this was a part of God’s plan and purpose. Satan saw an opportunity come up in my life to come and steal my virginity from me. Why? It was so important to God and me, so that’s a huge area I was attacked. Satan knew this would crush me and lead me into more sin and abusive relationships. He knew he could keep stealing once he got this one big thing from me… until I understood that part of my purpose in life is to crush the enemy under my feet with God’s Word and Power!
4. We get off track from God’s purpose when we agree with the enemy and decide to follow his path instead of God’s.
5. We overcome the enemy by simply agreeing to do things God’s ways. Nothing can separate us from God’s love. God’s amazing love carries us through this journey and He says we are more than conquerors.
Scripture: Romans 8:28-37
What areas of you life is the enemy stealing from you right now?
No matter where you need hope right now, believe me, you can always find hope at Jesus feet. In John 15 Jesus said “Remain in Me and I will remain in you.” When we remain in Jesus we have hope. When are thoughts go into dark, negative areas we begin to quickly lose our hope. When we lose our hope we become depressed. But when we think about what Jesus did on the cross in dying for our sins and God raising Him back to life again three days later… we have hope. There’s nothing hopeless in your life that God can’t bring back to life again if it is His will. I pray that together we can remain in Jesus and that He will raise hope up on this inside of us as we think on the things that are above and not on earthly things. (Colossians 3:2)
More scriptures on thoughts: Scriptures on HOPE:
Philippians 4:8 Psalm 71:5
Isaiah 55:9 Hebrews 6:13-19
Isaiah 26:3 Romans 15:13
I Peter 1:3-6
Today on #HeartLine I am talking about love in very practical ways. Jesus wasn’t fast to judge in John 8:1-11. The women who was caught in adultery and drug out into the street was about to be stoned but they wanted to know what Jesus thought. First, he drew in the sand and then he basically looked up and said whoever hasn’t sinned you throw the first stone!
Needless to say this women was not condemned by Jesus or anyone else, he simply said “Go and sin no more.”
Jesus was able to walk in love like this because he paused, waited and then responded. He took it moment by moment. I know all too often I don’t do this and then realize, “I shouldn’t have reacted that way!”
Here’s the Video Notes:
1. Jesus was able to perfectly walk in love because He spent time receiving it from God. He was in constant communication with the Holy Spirit.
2. God’s love causes me to pause and think before I go and react in a situation, but it’s needed every moment through out the day. Of course, I often forget to pause and then realize…”Oops, Not the best way to handle that!”
3. When we receive God’s love and realize He loves us right where we are, we can settle down, not act crazy, and run around looking to fill a hole in our hearts only God can fill.
4. God often loves us through people and circumstances, but that doesn’t mean God stops loving us when we experience hardship, loss or pain.
5. Living your life to please others so maybe they’ll love and accept you will leave you empty, tired, frustrated and burnt out. I know I’ve tried!
6. I often feel God’s tangible love and presence the most during worship.
7. The enemy wants you to believe God doesn’t love you because of painful life experiences. Don’t agree with the enemy. Believe God loves you. God created you to love you.
1. We lose our peace when God isn’t #1 in our lives in all areas!
2. Peace is stolen when we over indulge in TV, News, Movies etc. Especially in those that aren’t very peaceful to begin with.
3. Negative Mindset and Complaining will cause us to lose our peace. I’ve been there many times myself and asked God to help me and He always did.
4. Nutrient Deficiency. I was really low on Vitamin D3 and I was anxious, not sleeping well, emotional and cranky. I felt like I was becoming depressed and didn’t know why. I asked God to help me get my system balanced. Around the same time that I was hitting rock bottom, my Nurse Practitioner had checked my D3 levels… and as soon as I started getting a good supplement in all of the anxiety, negativity, and depression was lifted. My brain wasn’t working right because it desperately needed the D3.
5. Speaking and thinking on things that I shouldn’t be always steals my peace.
6. Toxic Relationships. Need I say more! I go into more details on the video!
7. Pursuing things that please others but have nothing to do with what God wants me to do or I want to do… thus, I become angry, frustrated and unhappy. This took me a long time to really understand and I am finally learning to pursue the things God wants me to do regardless if people except me for it or not!