This blog and podcast is intended for mature audiences 18 years or older.
She walked down the hallway frail and thin. Praying God would help her be clean again. Praying to not have a seizure or be thrown to the floor, praying she could catch her breath and be normal once more. For she had spent months in the chains of control by a man she once thought would protect her. She merely satisfied his addiction for control and gratification. She meant nothing to him as she walk down the hallway bleeding now as well. For inside her was the child of the evil man who had made her life like hell. The baby was lost and she was brought back from the hospital. Only to be left lying in a bed bleeding for days carrying a towel everywhere she went. He wouldn’t help until he had something for her to do. Finally, he got her what was needed so she could go to church with him. It didn’t matter that she was weak and faint. He wanted to give an appearance that everything was OK. It took God and the church leaders for her to finally get away. By early the next year she was almost free. God took her by the hand day by day and showed her exactly what to do. The further she was from the rape, bondage and control the more she shined for God again. No longer feeling ashamed or the need to hide, she was beginning to live the radiant life. A life full of God’s presence, balance, stability and hope. A life full of purpose, health and prosperity. A quiet confidence built up once again as God once again took 1st place in her life as her teacher and best Friend.
Radiant– Psalm 34:4-5 I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
Are you carrying guilt and shame around from something? If so, let’s talk about it today. This is where the enemy comes into our lives and steals our joy, peace, health and opportunities to enjoy life and our ability serve God and others. If you feel a heaviness, guilt or shame you won’t be able to walk in the moments of opportunity and destiny God has for you.
1. Ask God why you don’t feel radiant on the inside and are often carrying guilt or shame? Was it something you did, or someone else did?
2. Spend time worshiping God and seeking Him because those who look to Him are never covered in shame.
3. Ask God to forgive you if you have done something wrong.
4. Ask God to help you see yourself as He see’s you.
5. A radiant woman is a confident woman they go hand in hand.
6. Ask God to help you see yourself as free because Jesus died to carry all the weight and sin of the world. Matt. 11:28-30
7. You will make mistakes and sin in the future. Ask God to forgive you. Try not to spend all of your time thinking about how you or someone else screwed up. God see’s everything. So you can take comfort in the fact that He loves you no matter what. It doesn’t mean we can do whatever we want when we have given our life over to him. When we choose Jesus we choose His way. And His way is to be free and to live life to the fullest!
Do you have an area of your life where shame or guilt or hiding?