Black Friday used to start around midnight, but now it’s starting earlier and earlier. So in the spirit of things moving so fast I posted tomorrow’s blog ahead of schedule to sink up with the theme.
God is moving so fast and it’s a new day and a new moment in time where God wants us to get up and get going on what He has called for us to do. I know it’s not easy, but God wants to bring freedom in every area of our lives.
Nothing is impossible for God so wherever you are struggling right now, addictions, eating disorders, anxiety, fear, anger, grief, depression etc. Just know God wants to set you free so you can move. Move forward and don’t be left behind because God’s moving faster than a speeding bullet train, He’s moving faster than a Black Friday Shopper!
Come on, let’s go with God and make a difference in people around us each and every day!
Faith in God helps ground us and keeps us from being tossed around like were in a constant hurricane. Also, without faith we really can’t please God or receive His love fully. If we can’t receive His love, how will we really love those around us. Sometimes I have really needed faith to believe what Jesus did on the cross was more than enough to cover my sins. It was easier to agree with the enemy and feel unworthy of God’s love. God came along and did a deep work inside of me and help me to receive His love fully. For too long I felt unworthy of God’s love and mercy. I felt unworthy and somehow maybe I could please God if I worked hard enough for Him. But God’s love isn’t earned by works, He loves us right where we are. Jesus paid it all on the cross and if we ask God for more faith He will give it to us because He wants us to be free. He wants us to love Him, Love ourselves and love others… and without faith we simply can’t do this.
1. What is faith? Ephesians 11:1- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
2. Why do we need it? Hebrews 11:6- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
James 1:6- But when you ask you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like the wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
3. How does God increase our faith? God increases our faith as we hear His word and through a gift of faith given by the Holy Spirit. So if your faith is low in an area ask the Holy Spirit to give you a gift of faith and to increase your faith so you can believe God and fully receive all He wants to give you.
Read 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
Do you need the Holy Spirit to increase your faith today?
If you aren’t battling anxiety right now I’m sure you know at least 1 other lady who is! Anxiety can really steal our peace, joy, hope and our very life it we allow it to. It’s a battle we must fight with a few key things. There are practical things and spiritual things I have found to be very helpful.
1. According to the Anxiety Depression Association of America anxiety is the most common mental illness in the U.S. If you read further through the different types of anxiety you will see in many cases women are twice as likely to develop them.
2. God gave us ways to combat anxiety by taking our requests to Him and thanking Him, worship and thanksgiving are hard to do while worrying at the same time.
Philippians 4:6-8New International Version (NIV)
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
3. Some basic areas to look at if you are suffering from anxiety may be:
a. Relationships- all relationships are stressful at times but bad ones will cause a lot of anxiety
b. Food- do you have anxiety related to food eating too much or too little, eating in front of others etc.
c. TV and Movies- Here you go off to watch that scary show and then wonder why you are more and more anxious… LOl
d. We lose our peace when we are not obeying God it opens the door for anxiety. Ask God to help you in the area’s you are struggling in and he will.
e. Maybe you stress have anxiety or worry about almost everything… that would be more like me… so don’t feel bad. I find only time in God’s word, prayer, thanksgiving and worship set us totally free from this. But the practical things can also cause or add to it… so I don’t ignore them either.
f. Practical Scipture: Matt. 6:25-34
Where do you struggle with anxiety the most in your life? If you need help here is a resource.