God’s Love for us goes deep. I pray He helps us Believe it and receive it so we can share it with others.
For too many years I couldn’t receive God’s love on a regular basis because I was focused on everything I felt was too awful or too big for God. God has showed me His love can’t be earned it can only be received. We simply receive what Jesus did for us and believe it was more than enough to cover every sin and mistake we would commit during our lives.
God’s Love is a gift and not based on our performance.
His love is a gift free to us, but Jesus paid with His life and suffered so we could receive it.
How many friends do you know who would lay down their life for you?
Jesus’ death and resurrection was enough to save the whole world, and more than enough to cover the things we do and say that bring us further from God.
Today on #HeartLine I am talking about love in very practical ways. Jesus wasn’t fast to judge in John 8:1-11. The women who was caught in adultery and drug out into the street was about to be stoned but they wanted to know what Jesus thought. First, he drew in the sand and then he basically looked up and said whoever hasn’t sinned you throw the first stone!
Needless to say this women was not condemned by Jesus or anyone else, he simply said “Go and sin no more.”
Jesus was able to walk in love like this because he paused, waited and then responded. He took it moment by moment. I know all too often I don’t do this and then realize, “I shouldn’t have reacted that way!”
Here’s the Video Notes:
1. Jesus was able to perfectly walk in love because He spent time receiving it from God. He was in constant communication with the Holy Spirit.
2. God’s love causes me to pause and think before I go and react in a situation, but it’s needed every moment through out the day. Of course, I often forget to pause and then realize…”Oops, Not the best way to handle that!”
3. When we receive God’s love and realize He loves us right where we are, we can settle down, not act crazy, and run around looking to fill a hole in our hearts only God can fill.
4. God often loves us through people and circumstances, but that doesn’t mean God stops loving us when we experience hardship, loss or pain.
5. Living your life to please others so maybe they’ll love and accept you will leave you empty, tired, frustrated and burnt out. I know I’ve tried!
6. I often feel God’s tangible love and presence the most during worship.
7. The enemy wants you to believe God doesn’t love you because of painful life experiences. Don’t agree with the enemy. Believe God loves you. God created you to love you.