God’s Love for us goes deep. I pray He helps us Believe it and receive it so we can share it with others.
For too many years I couldn’t receive God’s love on a regular basis because I was focused on everything I felt was too awful or too big for God. God has showed me His love can’t be earned it can only be received. We simply receive what Jesus did for us and believe it was more than enough to cover every sin and mistake we would commit during our lives.
God’s Love is a gift and not based on our performance.
His love is a gift free to us, but Jesus paid with His life and suffered so we could receive it.
How many friends do you know who would lay down their life for you?
Jesus’ death and resurrection was enough to save the whole world, and more than enough to cover the things we do and say that bring us further from God.
Faith in God helps ground us and keeps us from being tossed around like were in a constant hurricane. Also, without faith we really can’t please God or receive His love fully. If we can’t receive His love, how will we really love those around us. Sometimes I have really needed faith to believe what Jesus did on the cross was more than enough to cover my sins. It was easier to agree with the enemy and feel unworthy of God’s love. God came along and did a deep work inside of me and help me to receive His love fully. For too long I felt unworthy of God’s love and mercy. I felt unworthy and somehow maybe I could please God if I worked hard enough for Him. But God’s love isn’t earned by works, He loves us right where we are. Jesus paid it all on the cross and if we ask God for more faith He will give it to us because He wants us to be free. He wants us to love Him, Love ourselves and love others… and without faith we simply can’t do this.
1. What is faith? Ephesians 11:1- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
2. Why do we need it? Hebrews 11:6- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
James 1:6- But when you ask you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like the wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
3. How does God increase our faith? God increases our faith as we hear His word and through a gift of faith given by the Holy Spirit. So if your faith is low in an area ask the Holy Spirit to give you a gift of faith and to increase your faith so you can believe God and fully receive all He wants to give you.
Read 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
Do you need the Holy Spirit to increase your faith today?
Today on #HeartLine I am talking about love in very practical ways. Jesus wasn’t fast to judge in John 8:1-11. The women who was caught in adultery and drug out into the street was about to be stoned but they wanted to know what Jesus thought. First, he drew in the sand and then he basically looked up and said whoever hasn’t sinned you throw the first stone!
Needless to say this women was not condemned by Jesus or anyone else, he simply said “Go and sin no more.”
Jesus was able to walk in love like this because he paused, waited and then responded. He took it moment by moment. I know all too often I don’t do this and then realize, “I shouldn’t have reacted that way!”
Here’s the Video Notes:
1. Jesus was able to perfectly walk in love because He spent time receiving it from God. He was in constant communication with the Holy Spirit.
2. God’s love causes me to pause and think before I go and react in a situation, but it’s needed every moment through out the day. Of course, I often forget to pause and then realize…”Oops, Not the best way to handle that!”
3. When we receive God’s love and realize He loves us right where we are, we can settle down, not act crazy, and run around looking to fill a hole in our hearts only God can fill.
4. God often loves us through people and circumstances, but that doesn’t mean God stops loving us when we experience hardship, loss or pain.
5. Living your life to please others so maybe they’ll love and accept you will leave you empty, tired, frustrated and burnt out. I know I’ve tried!
6. I often feel God’s tangible love and presence the most during worship.
7. The enemy wants you to believe God doesn’t love you because of painful life experiences. Don’t agree with the enemy. Believe God loves you. God created you to love you.
If you aren’t battling anxiety right now I’m sure you know at least 1 other lady who is! Anxiety can really steal our peace, joy, hope and our very life it we allow it to. It’s a battle we must fight with a few key things. There are practical things and spiritual things I have found to be very helpful.
1. According to the Anxiety Depression Association of America anxiety is the most common mental illness in the U.S. If you read further through the different types of anxiety you will see in many cases women are twice as likely to develop them.
2. God gave us ways to combat anxiety by taking our requests to Him and thanking Him, worship and thanksgiving are hard to do while worrying at the same time.
Philippians 4:6-8New International Version (NIV)
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
3. Some basic areas to look at if you are suffering from anxiety may be:
a. Relationships- all relationships are stressful at times but bad ones will cause a lot of anxiety
b. Food- do you have anxiety related to food eating too much or too little, eating in front of others etc.
c. TV and Movies- Here you go off to watch that scary show and then wonder why you are more and more anxious… LOl
d. We lose our peace when we are not obeying God it opens the door for anxiety. Ask God to help you in the area’s you are struggling in and he will.
e. Maybe you stress have anxiety or worry about almost everything… that would be more like me… so don’t feel bad. I find only time in God’s word, prayer, thanksgiving and worship set us totally free from this. But the practical things can also cause or add to it… so I don’t ignore them either.
f. Practical Scipture: Matt. 6:25-34
Where do you struggle with anxiety the most in your life? If you need help here is a resource.
The hyperlinks in the poem below take you to watch videos of Christmas Carols! I hope you enjoy this and know how valuable you are to God. He loves you no matter what is going on in your life… and don’t you forget that… ever!
You are worth more than rubies and gold;
God sent His only Son just as He foretold.
To bring you a life you could never earn.
To bring you joy and Christmas Gold,
To wrap you in His love and warmth to hold.
Hold you ever so close to his heart,
God never wants you to depart!
You are a priceless treasure to Him.
He holds you everyday in the palm of His hand.
You are the reason Jesus was born and died.
You are not alone He see’s every tear you cry. Christmas Gold is when you know God loves you way down deep.
Christmas Gold is peace and joy knowing God will keep,
Keep you always and forever close to His side,
So this Christmas curl up with God and let Him shape and mold,
Mold you by Jesus’ love into beautiful, shining Christmas Gold!
1. He’s fun to be with and you are at peace when you are with him! He feels like home.
Our Actual Wedding Day
2. He’s a man after God’s own heart and demonstrates this daily.
3. Your first gift from him is a Bible and you both go to Bible Study together.
Pink & Black Leather Bible
4. He holds your hand on the beautiful and ugly days of life.
5. He loves you even more when you’re wearing no make up!
6. He walks to work so you can have the car during the rain and snow of the winter, and I would do anything so he wouldn’t have to in the first place.
7. You have $5 bucks left to buy a meal and he says “you eat, and I’ll eat what’s left.”
8. You have date night each week even if you have no money to go out. You take time to spend with each other, make snacks, watch movies etc. even if this means watching movies in your car while your homeless all winter. Yep. We did it!
9. Your combined income doesn’t dictate your happiness. Your happy if you live high in the sky in an amazing condo or from your car all winter long. As long as you have each other you’re happy!
Rainbow over the Ocean.
10. You both try to take care of each other and almost fight over who’s going to sacrifice for the good of the other.
11. You love him even though you’ve had moments where he made you so angry you could spit fire out of your mouth and consume him!
12. You no longer put so much emphasis on “me” all the time and wonder how you can make his life better today!
13. You can’t wait for him to come home from work… even though you’ve been together for years.
14. You take steps to improve your health so you can be together longer.
1. Did you know a big part of having a healthy relationship with your man starts with having a positive self/body image?
Why? Because if you don’t realize your own value and beauty you might just land a guy who doesn’t either. That’s not to say there are a lot of great guys who will love you through your own self/body image struggles… but eventually they will tire of always building you up when they need to be built up too! Guys need a lot of words of affirmation. And the key to successful relationships is for both people involved to invest time, thought and energy into the other one.
2. The right man typically comes along when you VALUE yourself and feel worthy of having a great man in the first place.
3. Your worth more than you can imagine and part of your life is just about enjoying it. Sometimes this will be hard. But you and your relationships are worth it. Know you only need one good man who loves you and whom you also love. Take some time to learn to receive love from God, friends and family. Love and take care of yourself; this will help build up your Body Image.
What do you need to do to get a stronger Body Image so you have Happy Relationships?
Here’s this week’s Podcast:
Online Radio Radio at Blog Talk Radio with Laurel Live on BlogTalkRadio